Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I like to dance, I really do....

I just don't like to dance with myself. Or rather, my weight. I'm up and down with the same few pounds, although I'm at least losing more than I gain back. I know it's excusable as this month has been icky, but I still hate paying money to gain weight.

We signed papers on the closing of our house tonight. I'm not sure how I feel about it. We were about $3000 shy of what we thought we were going to get, so now our financial situation is a bit uncertain. At the same time, we put an offer on a house. See, we found the most perfect house, but it was going to be about $10k outside what we could qualify for. So, I found one in our price range but in an area we don't really want. Both of them were in a not-so-favorite area, but this one is about 4 houses down from a walkway opening to a very busy main road. But I think it will be okay. Another thing I just found out is a sex offender guilty of rape of a child lives 6 blocks away. Oh, and the sellers were either lesbians or sisters who bought a house together--not that that matters in the situation, just another interesting tidbit about what kind of history the house might hold. Otherwise, it's good. Not sure what to do about the sex offender thing. It's not like I let my kids wander the neighborhood by themselves.

Another weird thing, weird in a good way. We started toying last weekend with the idea of building our own house. A friend of ours from our old church is a builder and we thought about calling him. Well, the next day, we ran into him at a restaurant (yes, one of those times I ate out that helped me pack on 2 pounds). He gave us his card and said to call him, he'd love to talk with us. Well, the house we're trying to buy--I was standing in the driveway and I said, "I think Frank built these houses. He did a neighborhood over here." Teddy just kind of poo-poo'd me, being used to me thinking I know someone or something when maybe I don't. Or maybe I do. Either way, it gets old I guess! :) Well, at the signing tonight of our offer, it turned out that the neighborhood is called Katie Lane, named after our friend Frank's second daughter! We are buying a house that Frank built! Weird!

Okay, the cat just threw up, I'm tired, I'm having a Pampered Chef party tomorrow that's going to be underattended, and I'm stressing over money. So I think it's time for bed. Did I mention that I had an anxiety attack tonight? It was either that or I'm having angina or a heart attack. So I'll leave you, my faithful readers (all 2 or so of you!), with a joke.

Two 6 year old boys were attending religious school and giving the teachers problems. The teachers had tried everything to make them behave - time outs, notes home, missed recesses - but could do nothing with them. Finally the boys were sent to see the priest.
The first boy went in and sat in a chair across the desk from the priest. The priest asked, 'Do you know where God is?'
The little boy just sat there.
The priest stood up and asked, 'Son, do you know where God is?'
The little boy trembled but said nothing.
The priest leaned across the desk and again asked, 'Do you know where God is?'
The little boy bolted out of the chair ran past his friend in the waiting room, all the way home.
He got in bed and pulled the covers up over his head.
His friend had followed him home asked, 'What happened in there?'
The boy replied, 'God is missing and they think we did it!'

No comments: