Saturday, November 27, 2010

Important Safety Instructions

I bought a new hairdryer, in hopes of stopping the frizz that keeps happening, and stopping my daughter from hi-jacking mine. She can have my old one now and leave me in peace!

I was reading the instructions for this hairdryer, because that's the kind of girl I am. I know, we all know how to operate one, but what if there's something new to learn in those instructions? What if all along I've been using it wrong and if I just read the instructions, I will end up looking like I have a stylist living in my closet who does my hair everyday (kind of like a trunk monkey, but BETTER!)

This is what I learned from the instructions for my new Vidal Sassoon Ionic Technology Hairdryer Model VSDR5540 (not every rule is listed, just the new or interesting ones). Be prepared to be WOWED!

1. An appliance should never be left unattended when using. (Really? Because I l turn my hair dryer on, then leave it alone on the counter all the time, don't you?)

2. Close supervision is necessary when this appliance is used by, on, or near children or individuals with certain disabilities. (I have never thought of that. What kind of disabilities? Mental? Physical? Educational? What'd they do, test it on an people with different disabilities and come to this conclusion? It seems kind of discriminatory, and they don't say what kind of disability. It's just a random, weird rule.)

3. Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in this manual. (Like, don't use it to dry my nails after painting? Or use on the engine of my car somehow? Or to dry my pants after getting water on them?)

4. Never use while sleeping. (Uh...okay.)

5. Never drop or insert any object into any opening. (Again, okay. And that's really just a good rule of thumb for anything in life, dontcha' think?)

6. DO NOT use outdoors or operate where aerosol products are being used or where oxygen is being administered. (So, I can't take it camping. Okay. Can't spray certain hair sprays around it. Okay, right? I've NEVER used aerosol hairspray around a hairdryer, have you?)

7. Never block the air opening of the appliance or place it on a soft surface, such as a bed or couch. (Shucks, I can't blow dry my hair in bed anymore. Son of a gun.)

So that's the gist of the crazy rules. Maybe these aren't news to you, but I'll NEVER attempt to use my blowdryer while sleeping, now that I've read these rules. You learn something new everyday.

No comments: