Thursday, November 13, 2008

No, I haven't moved to a different country since the election...

(I wrote most of this about 2 days after the election but just posted it tonight)

I'm really kidding about the title. I didn't consider moving. Well, okay, for two seconds I did. I'll be very honest...I'm a bit fearful of what's to come with the new President. I don't trust him. However, I do trust God and I'm not fearful of what's to come with Him. So, with that in mind, I'm committed to pray for Obama, respect his position, and see what happens. Here's a verse that comes to mind concerning this...

1Everyone who trusts the LORD
is like Mount Zion
that cannot be shaken
and will stand forever.
2Just as Jerusalem is protected
by mountains on every side,
the LORD protects his people
by holding them in his arms
now and forever.
3He won't let the wicked
rule his people
or lead them to do wrong.

Psalm 125:1-3

Now don't get me wrong...I'm not saying Obama is wicked. I'm just saying that Obama does not have more power over my life than the Lord and in that I find my comfort.

No comments: