Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A sweet and sour journey

THE SWEET: We leave for Disneyland in 8 hours! Well, our plane leaves in 8 hours. We leave the house in 6, which is why it's crazy that I'm still up. But I've been doing some last minute stuff for the house and the loan and what-not! Anyway, we'll be there for 7 days, so think of us every once in awhile over the next week and when you do, go ahead and be jealous. Go ahead. It's okay. :)
THE SOUR: I switch now to a very somber mood, however. Details can follow later, but for now I can share that my mother-in-law found out Friday night, through a dreadful ER visit, that she has cancer. We don't know for sure what kind yet, but it's of the womanly nature in the nether regions. Piecing the puzzle together with all her symptoms and with what the doctor did say, as well as some friends who are nurses, we kind of have an idea of what's going on but not the severity or the exact kind. It's been really hard on my husband, and hard not telling the kids when they wonder why daddy's crying in the bathroom. It's hard on me too, not knowing what to do for him to help and not letting myself think too much about what this means because I need to be strong for him.
Anyway, there's a lot more that could be said, but all I ask for at this point is prayer for her healing, both physically, emotionally and spiritually, as well as these same things on a lower level for all 3 of her kids, her husband and her grandkids.
I'll post an update and some Disney pictures in about a week!

No comments: