Friday, June 27, 2008

Settling In

So it's been a long month of unpacking boxes, throwing stuff away, trips to my favorite Swedish furniture store and then hours of putting together the fun stuff I find, and lots of fun adventures getting used to a whole new life for us. Why is it so new, when all we did was move? Well, we're in a totally different part of town, which means our grocery stores and our gas stations and the places we run to for a quick unhealthy bit to eat--all these have changed. So we're just getting used to it all. The creaks our house makes or trying to make our house smell like us like our old one did. We've had 2 rodent adventures (those of you who know me know how much I hate rodents). We've had a couple falls down the stairs. We've thrown out a ton of stuff and will be having a massive garage sale soon. Anyway, that is why I haven't blogged for the whole month--each time I sit down, I'm too tired or I hear a box calling my name.
We have a jam packed summer of fun activities. I probably overbooked the kids, so we'll see how well we all do. Mimi almost broke her nose yesterday, we're waiting it out today to see if the swelling goes down. If it does and her nostril is still plugged, then we have to go see the dr. about fixing it! Never knew VBS could be so violent! The funny thing is it's at our old church--we jokingly told each other it happend on purpose to get back at us for leaving! That's funny because it's not true, but it has been bittersweet going there everyday. As much as we know God wants us where we are, and as much as my husband would rather eat dreaded pineapple everyday than go back there, I still miss it. I miss a lot of the people, I miss the smell of the place, I miss our pastor. But I also know it's not good for me to be there and I need to obey God and my husband, and part of that obeying is not bellyaching about missing the old place or bellyaching about the people there that still hurt me or get to me. Either I commit to God's plan for our family or I live in a state of constant rebellion, which is no fun. So this whole year has been a HUGE learning process and I'm anxious to have some down time at some point this summer and reflect on where we've been and where we're going.
I'll try to be more regular about posting-but for now, I"m off to enjoy the 90 degree weather!

No comments: