Thursday, January 3, 2008

Happy New Year!

So we've been so busy we haven't been able to update the blog. Or too tired. Either way, it hasn't been done. I'll give a quick rundown of the events happening lately.

1. We went to a Seahawks game on the 23rd; saw our old associate pastor from our old church while up there; recieved confirmation from him that we were right in leaving our church; got word that we had an offer on our house; had a blast at the game and drove home in our rental Mustang that ROCKED!
2. Offer on house fell through. Just way too low for us to accept.
3. I had a CT scan of my abdomen due to some liver porblems I'm having. Won't have the results until next week. Could be nothing. Could be fatty liver. Could be cancer. Pray please!
4. Still no word on the house we have an offer on. Feel like we should rescind the offer and look for a cheaper one, especially in light of our financial troubles we're digging into.

5. Teddy's car broke down again.

6. One of the pastor's from our old church wants to meet with us to rectify the situation concerning our leaving. We will meet with him and appreciate the offer; however, I'm still so full of anger that I get sick to my stomach thinking about it.

7. I have been saying for 4 years, since Sophie was born, that I'm as big as I was the day she was born. Then I saw this picture from my 10 year class reunion back in 2003 and realized that I'm BIGGER than I was the day she was born. Way bigger. At my reunion, I was trying to look good, in spite of being 8 weeks post-partum with the child that nearly killed me during her birth:




This picture shows my huge post-partum body; at least, huge by normal standards, but compared to what I'll show you next, I looked pretty good.
Fast forward to 2007.

New Year's Eve 2007, four-and-a-half years after the pictures above.



October 2007
Okay, so my next biggest thing I've done lately is to join Weight Watchers again. Why am I being so transparent about this? Because I made the decision spur of the moment this morning to do this and I'm scared to death that I'll fail. Again. I feel like if I'm accountable to people (although who I'm not sure, as I don't think we have any readers yet) then I'll make a better effort at getting healthy. Also, I'm sure there's people out there who see these fat shots of me and make fun, or snicker. But at some point during this journey, I will blog about the reasons behind weight stuggles.
So, anyway, that is what is going on here. We've got lots going on that is stressful, so we can just pray that soon we will get some answers to prayer on some of this stuff. And hopefully, there will be less of me to blog about soon.
Stacie

No comments: